Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The SMG Primary Care Call Center Agent will appropriately gather information from patients in order to schedule appointments, process referrals, prepare prescription refills, and take basic clinical information. This position will also perform other duties as required by the manager with regards to appointment reminder calls, pre-visit planning, rescheduling appointments, etc. as required.
• Answer patient telephone calls using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient in order to process the caller’s needs.
• Have knowledge of each practice and providers schedule and scheduling preferences
• Responsible for timely, efficient, and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record
• Cooperatively interact with practice staff and providers to collaborate in coordination of patient care
• Assist in chronic care management as needed and/or requested for telephonic appointments with advanced practitioners
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates or higher degree or relevant work experience preferred.
• Call Center experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Athena and Meditech experience preferred.
• Knowledge of health care and/or medical terminology, insurance products and coordination of benefits preferred.
• Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately.
• Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Effective verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.