Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Records Clerk
at Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
This position functions as a member of the administrative team by performing a variety of duties in multiple Seton offices. Duties include, but are not limited to, filing, answering telephones, assembling patient charts and typing.
- Performs duties and provides assistance according to Faculty Practice Plan policy and procedures, as well as any directives from the Office Manager.
- Organizes and updates files, charts, and records.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of the Faculty Practice Plan.
- Responsible for general filing, stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Reports trends in adverse patient occurrences as soon as detected to the physician and the Office Manager.
- Reports to the physicians and the Office Manager any quality issues requiring consideration or action.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree preferred.
- One to two years related experience, preferably in a health care setting.
- Medical terminology preferred.
- Word-processing and computer data entry experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills required.
- Experience with organization of medical charts preferred
- Strong orientation to patient care in accordance with the Faculty Practice Plan's values