Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
eICU Healthcare Assistant, Per Diem
at Steward Health Care System
Steward's eICU Program connects its hospitals through innovative technology to provide a level of exceptional patient focused care. The eICU technology allows for ICU patient monitoring throughout the Steward system from a remote location. The eICU Program provides around-the-clock RN coverage and intensivist coverage 24 hours per day.
We are looking to build a collaborative team of RN’s and Health Care Assistants in our Richardson, TX office. We have an immediate need to fill day, night and rotating positions. We are looking for FT, PT and per diem positions.
The Health Care Assistant performs a variety of both complex and routine clinical, clerical and support duties. Coordinates with clinical team members as appropriate in facilitating the treatment of patients.
- Assists in the management of patient information in the
. eICU Center
- Verifies patient census and staff assignments at beginning of shift.
- Retrieves patient data from hospital’s system and enters it in the eCareManager application.
- Reports “stat results” or “abnormal labs” to MD/RN in a timely manner.
- Data entry and retrieval is accurate and timely.
- Enters new admissions within 10 minutes of notification.
- Enters nursing flowsheet data within 2 hours of receipt (if necessary).
- Answers the phone and directs calls in the
. eICU Center
- Types, copies, faxes.
- Maintains a variety of databases, spreadsheet and project assignments.
- Updates ICU knowledge as appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Demonstrates positive customer relations skills as evidenced by the following:
- Exhibits communication skills that facilitate interchange between health care workers to provide quality patient care/outcomes.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with
and unit personnel. eICU Center
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Follows through with issues in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and interest in response to requests and calls to the
. eICU Center
- Reports clinical, administrative or technical problems (using a defined reporting process) that result in medical errors, unsafe care of sub optimal communication between eICU center and ICU health care professionals.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Reports unauthorized personnel to Security Administration.
- Reports security breaches to Security Administration.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and laboratory data.
Education and Experience:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience as nursing assistant or clerical staff in a medical environment.
- Two years experience in a medical setting.
- Successful completion of a medical terminology course.
Software/Hardware: Proficiency with Windows based computer operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled