Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nursing Assistant Intensive Care Unit Part-Time
at Steward Health Care System
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Nurse Assistant is accountable for the completion of specific patient care tasks and responsibilities as delegated by the Registered Nurse in accordance with the established standards of care.
Caring: Conveys caring, compassion and respect to patients and significant others during all interactions as evidence by:
- Assists others to maintain personal dignity by providing confidentiality, privacy and respect.
- Communicates with respect and clarity; makes eye contact, smiles, induces self, calls people by name, extends kind words of concern.
Teamwork: Works with other team members to provid quality patient care as evidenced by:
- receives and completes patient care assignments as delegated by the Registered Nurse
- Volunteers assistance to colleagues in order to complete tasks or goals
- Answers call lights and communicates information to an appropriate health care provider immediately if unable to resolve personally
- Environmental rounds check sheet; complete checks weekly, ceiling tiles, lights, dust free air vents
- Refresh waiting area; lights, magazines, coffee machine and accessories
- Unpacks supplies and immediately removes packing material
- Assures adequate stock
- Completes daily temperature logs.
- Ensures linen cart is organized and covered.
- Information Management - stocks patient education materials.
- Mail Delivery
- Medical Record Management
- Ensure supply/necessary documentation forms
Communication: Effectively expresses self in dividual or group situations as evidenced by:
- Uses communication styles to meet the vatious needs of patients, their significant others, and other care team members
- Uses Cerner system to send messages to other departments as needed.
Documentation: Accurately documents patient observations as evidenced by:
- Documbents patient vital signs, weights, intake and output, and all other pertinent patient observations on the appropriate documentation forms
Safety: Complies with and is knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures as evidenced by:
- Demonstrates fire safety and location exits, fire extinguishers, fire alarms and evacuation plan, emergency Preparedness Plan and/or where resource material is located, infection control, and equipment.
Skills and Competencies: Maintains skills and competencies required to administer care to meet the needs of telemetry patients as evidenced by:
- Transports monitored patients to other locations within the Health System (completes and maintains monitored transport education), CPR, STNA
- Performs basic patient care functions including but not limited to positioning, ambulation, tray delivery and feed, skin/hair/oral care, range of motion , and linen changes.
Guest Relations: Demonstrates professionalism and respect during interactions with others as evidenced by:
- Strives to exceed the customers' expectations.
Quality of care: Demonstrates commitment to provide excellent patient care oas evidenced by:
- Actively participates in efforts to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of patient care
- Offers suggestions to improve patient care quality as well as actions needed to achieve the outcomes.
Initiative: Demonstrates the ability to independently perform tasks to meet departmental needs as evidenced by:
- Shows self-starting actions rather than passive acceptance (completes tasks without requiring assignment)
Accountability: Demonstrates responsibilities for actions ad evidenced by:
- Adheres to Health System's established policies and procedures
- Takes responsibility for one's own actions
- Maintains and completes assigned tasks in an efficient and effective way
- Maintains and completes mandatory education and competencies as well documenting these in the individual education record
- Attends staff meetings (required to attend 66% of scheduled meetings per year)
The above statements reflect the general duties and are not to be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant in PA
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clearances as required by state and federal guidelines
- Vacation time
- Sick time