Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Investor Reporting Analyst I
at Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Who we are:
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is America’s 5th-largest third-party mortgage servicing company. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms); on their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios: We collect homeowners’ mortgage payments, pay homeowners’ tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
The individual selected for the job will learn the investor reporting function of the mortgage business by conducting monthly reporting and remitting to our external clients while working with internal clients to assist in reconciliation.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that reflects positively on the company in general and the department in particular, including professional, timely, and detailed responses to internal and external communication, and arriving timely to all meetings and calls.
- Produce and deliver accurate monthly reports in a timely manner including but not limited to loan level invoice and remit files while meeting the contractual SLA for each investor with a high rate of accuracy. Report coding issues with reports to team lead.
- Work with external counterparts to correct or update any data or formatting issues in regards to a given monthly report to ensure client satisfaction.
- Initiate wire requests utilizing the ‘wire request tool’ for both internal and external money movement as it relates to the monthly files.
- Work with internal clients such as investor accounting and finance on all account reconciliation items including P&I, T&I, service fee, corporate advance, timing advance, and operating account reconciliations.
- Be able to clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to 3rd party clients.
- Strong business communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment including other internal departments.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to multi-task and respond well to pressure and competing deadlines.
- Strong skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, and other formulas).
- Fast learner - able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior work experience performing business, data, and/or statistical analysis is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical, quantitative, or financial discipline.