Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASSISTANT F&B MANAGER - BANQUETS
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
Provide direct oversight of Banquet and Catering Operations and assigned staff to ensure productive and efficient operations. Delivers a high level of guest satisfaction through positive guest relations and attentiveness. The Assistant Banquet Manager will coordinate with Food and Beverage, Sales, Clients, Event and Banquet team members to ensure the success of their event. Supervises and directs Banquet Captain and wait staff ensuring proper execution of all banquets and meeting events.
- Carefully reviews sales agreements and banquet event orders (BEOs).
- Attends and actively participates in weekly BEO meetings.
- Fully executes events as exactly prescribed in BEOs and will openly offers input as to errors, omissions, and possible improvements.
- In the event of errors or omissions during the event, the Assistant Banquet Manager shall exercise his or her authority to make necessary changes to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for the training and instruction of Banquet staff
- Manages and administrates staff in line with the company policies, procedures, and core values.
- Maintains record of employee hours, proper staffing ratios as prescribed, and prepares tip reports for payroll.
- Works in tandem with the Culinary team to ensure proper quality, presentation and timing of food.
- Hires, fires, promotes, schedules, and trains all Banquet staff.
- Ensures the availability, notification, scheduling, training, of A/V and outsourced labor.
- Ensures proper par levels and condition of equipment and supplies.
- Establishes and maintains exceptional standards of service.
- Communicate regularly with the various departments in the planning of assigned events.
- Obtains payments and manages banquet checks.
- Supervises tasks and events as assigned by the Director of Food & Beverage.
- Assists Sales team with promotional tours and site tours.
- Provides post-forma feedback to sales team and real-time feedback in the event of serious issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference is given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or 3 to 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge in POS systems is required, InfoGenesis and Visual One preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and leadership qualities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to successfully communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Can demonstrate etiquette in table setting and service
- Familiar with different types of food, alcohol, and wine products and services.
- Must be a Team Player.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming and Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
Essential Mental Functions:
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly motivated, energetic individual with a proven track record of achievements exceeding the revenue objectives set forth.
- Has excellent listening skills and shows empathy to clients.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, and exceptional time management skills.
- Must be highly communicative, influential and persuasive.
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations.
- Must have excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, customer environment.
- Ability to handle sums of money accurately.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations in a professional manner.
Essential Physical Functions:
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to grasp, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Physical ability to safely perform the essential job functions of the position.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing required with the use of Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of POS systems and InfoGenesis preferred.
- Copiers, Fax Machines, and other traditional office equipment as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke-filled environment.
Hazards include working around moving equipment/machinery. Equipment and machinery must be properly used, or they can be potentially hazardous.