Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VoIP Sales Engineer
at Saddleback Communications
The VoIP Sales Engineer (VoIP SE) will increase sales and customer satisfaction by providing sales, technical and application support for SIP and UCaaS services. Working closely with Sales, Customer Service, Resellers, Customers, and technology partners, the VoIP SE will provide VoIP solution design, application support and implementation support. The VoIP SE will support VoIP/SIP product and application and feature development, working closely with technology partners and product development to research and test solutions. In constant communication with Resellers, the VoIP SE will train, inform, and educate them on wholesale services, technology enhancements and implementation/provisioning processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports Sales and Resellers with the development and design of VoIP solutions.
- Creates technical and sales presentations; assists with proposal and RFP support.
- Researches and tests new applications, IP endpoints, features and products.
- Provides technical and provisioning training and educates Resellers on products, features, processes and essential resources.
- Researches, organizes and updates technical documentation required by VoIP services.
- Assists in design and enhancements to wholesale processes and automation.
- Supports operations, Resellers and customers by performing switch provisioning for rush orders or as dictated by order volume.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Five (5) years of experience in VoIP Telephony system configuration and implementation in a commercial service provider or interconnect environment is required.
- Two (2) years of experience configuring and provisioning hosted VoIP solutions in a soft switch platform. Experience with Metaswitch platform is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IP configurations, LAN, VLAN, IAD and firewall set-up is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cloud-based services including hosted VoIP PBX and SIP trunking is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PSTN, PRI, Trunks, POTs and other associated voice technologies is required.
- Must demonstrate a broad and in-depth understanding of VoIP Telephony business applications.
- Customer Service – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to internal customer base, building relationships with IT provider and other related vendors.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated, passionate and creative team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within and external to the organization.
- Communication – able to effectively and persuasively express self verbally and in writing, using correct language and grammar in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Organization & Time Management – able to work independently with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction. Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to complete actions within established deadlines, handling multiple priorities with strong attention to detail in a high-pressured environment.
- Project Management – able to prepare a plan that achieves stated objectives, establish and meet project deadlines, modify plan to reflect changing priorities and successfully complete project.
- Systems & Software – proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Utilize computer software (specified above)
Retrieve and compile information
Public speaking/group presentations
Research, analyze and interpret information
Verify data and information
Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
Organize and prioritize information/tasks
Operate office equipment
Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
Sitting for extended periods
Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
Extended periods viewing computer screen
Normal office environment
Saddleback is an “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.” Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidate.
Will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check. Employees are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Not an Under-Fill position.
Insurability: Must meet the SRPMIC insurance standards.