Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Education Site Aide
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To support the school site leader, supervise children in the before and/or after school program as well as during school breaks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; experience as a teacher/caregiver aide for 12 months; OR volunteer in a child care facility for 12 months or enrollment in a vocational training program.
- Fingerprint and background clearance.
- Excellent attendance record.
- CPR/First Aid certified.
- Evidence of clear TB test.
- Enjoys working with children.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Support QCUSD Vision, Mission and Goals.
- Monitors and assists children to ensure children’s safety at all times in the QCUSD before and after care setting (6:30 am – 6:00 pm split shift), and/or intercession camps and/or summer camps.
- Maintains an environment in accordance with Department of Health Services childcare licensing requirements.
- Team player with ability to work well with peers.
- Able to work with children from a variety of ages, while maintaining student confidentiality.
- Sets up rooms for activities and cleans up after activities.
- Learns the assigned plans and is prepared before children arrive.
- Operate and care for equipment in the program.
- Attends required staff meetings and trainings as directed and required by licensing and district.
- Interacts positively with parents and/or guardians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 month part-time
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter F
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Community Education Director
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 20 to 30 hours per week; 6:15am-7:45am & 2:15pm-6pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)