Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide I, Special Education
at Queen Creek Unified School District
To assist the teacher with teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups to help them achieve classroom and individual goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Maintain Valid AZ Fingerprint clearance
- Excellent attendance record
- Must have, or be willing to obtain First Aid and CPR certification and keep certifications current.
- Must be able to bend and lift 30 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Work with individual students or groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills introduced by the teacher or reinforcing individual IEP goals.
- Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up by the classroom teacher.
- Check class work, grade papers and supervise testing as assigned by the teacher.
- Serve as the chief source of information and help any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Alert the classroom teacher to any problems.
- Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as is expected of teachers.
- Participate in in-service training programs as required.
- Assist students with lunch, snack, recess and cleanup routines.
- Meet students at the bus each morning and take them to the bus in the afternoon.
- Assist students with wash-up and toilet routines, including changing diapers.
- Operate and care for equipment and assistive technology used in the classroom.
- Assists with student supervision in all school settings.
- Refer all parent questions/concerns directly and immediately to classroom teacher.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designee.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 187 Days; Vacation Days: per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule, Salary Grade Level: Letter F
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Classroom teacher, site administrator, special education administrator
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 35 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)