Premier Valley Bank & Yosemite Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Banking Assistant II
at Premier Valley Bank & Yosemite Bank
Premier Valley Bank and it's Divisions, Founders Community Bank and Yosemite Bank, are growing dynamic organizations with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banking Assistant II supports the Relationship Manager (RM) from the initial application processing through closing and booking the transaction, including renewals and modifications along with ongoing support for the client needs. This includes being liaison between the RM, Credit and Loan Operations.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists commercial loan customers both in person and via phone calls, taking action on behalf of the Commercial Bankers, when appropriate and within scope of authority.
2. Enters loan data (structure, borrowers, collateral, pricing) into LOS System
3. Works with borrower to collect required documentation (pre-and post-approval)
4. Images all necessary documents and creates placeholders in DocMan to build an electronic credit file (New with system)
5. Requests / pulls compliance / customer verifications (OFAC, Fraud, etc.)
6. Pulls individual and business credit bureaus
7. Reviews information / data requests from Credit and other business lines and help obtain open items
8. Requests and collects due diligence activities / third party reports (appraisals, environmentals, UCC, title work, articles of good standing, credit report, etc.) - Reg B Compliance
9. Works with Loan Operations to support pre-closing and closing activities including: collect loan documents from Doc Prep team and review for completeness and accuracy, Confirm closing logistics
10. Engages credit to complete updated financial spreads and other activities (when new financial statements are received from the client and uploaded into DocMan)
11. Pulling exception report and works with assigned Commercial Bankers and Portfolio Managers to resolve loan documentation issues and clear documentation exceptions within the appropriate time periods.
12. Process paid off loans in accordance with bank procedures.
13. Funds closed loans, processes income and expense fees according to procedures (Should be item #11 to make this more sequential)
14. Monitors and acts on daily, weekly and monthly reports for maturing and delinquent loans; Tickler reports; Responsible for tracking trailing documents for all commercial loan files, maintenance of loan ticklers for incoming documents and retention of these documents in the applicable file(s).
15. Handles customer accounts including processing loan payments, disbursements and advances, as well as assisting in the monitoring of NSF activity.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School diploma required
2. 3-5 years banking experience or training
3. Knowledge and experience of Commercial/Ag lending and banking regulations, department operations, policies and procedures, preferred
4. Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Effective time management skills with the ability to independently prioritize tasks
7. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
8. Knowledge of required entity documentation for various business entities (Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships, etc.)
9. Knowledge of proper collateral documentation needed to obtain and perfect all types of collateral
10. Knowledge of government and specialty lending programs, as well as participated loans
11. Data entry experience, preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Relationship banking. It's the driving force behind everything we do. Our relationships are based on a mutual trust between banker and client, built over time. As a Premier Valley Bank customer, you'll never be treated as an account-we don't serve numbers, we serve people. And the personal service that you'll receive at Premier Valley Bank is a reflection of that philosophy.
You'll find that banking with Premier Valley Bank offers unique benefits, like business bankers who know your name and your business; loan approvals with local decisions that don't have to come from a centralized, out-of-town office; daily courier service, picking up deposits from your workplace. But the biggest advantage may be that we have a vested interest in your business and your community, in helping them both to thrive and grow. We are committed to your success.
Premier Valley Bank is a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., a multi-billion financial services company dedicated to the principles of community banking: Community involvement, an active board of directors, local presidents and local decision making.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will