Pilot Flying J
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator, QA and Nutrition
at Pilot Flying J
The purpose of this job is to provide day-to-day Innovation team support by assisting with the development of new products, creating quality assurance standards and monitoring nutrition data.
1. Support the Stage-Gate process with rollouts and test initiatives.
2. Ensure that product specifications are accurate and up to date for all proprietary ingredients or products by maintain and periodically updating these records.
3. Conduct quality assurance audits of new product productions runs by analyzing production run data and product against the written specification.
4. Stay up to date and informed of recalls as it relates to ingredients in the PFJ supply chain.
5. Gather nutritional information for all new product innovation and organize within the current nutritional data base and periodically share this information cross-functionally when necessary.
6. Conduct periodic audits of nutritional data base with a particular focus on the accuracy of calorie counts and allergen information.
7. Provide telephone and email support to troubleshoot store level questions and issues related product performance, product quality and nutrition.
8. Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure clear and concise communication of all Food and Beverage initiatives
9. Partner with vendors to clearly understand all aspects of product/ingredient quality and nutritional attributes.
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12. Complete other duties as assigned
1. High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
2. Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or Hospitality required or equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Minimum one year of food science or nutrition experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
1. Ability to analyze data
2. Ability to work in a team environment
3. Attention to detail
4. Develop relationships with brand partners
5. Demonstrate ability to be creative and innovative
6. Ability to multitask
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. Demonstrate consistency and reliability
9. Ability to plan and organize projects, meet deadlines, and manage time