Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
20/21 SY - COMMUNITY SKILLS/PERSONAL ASSISTANT (CC#4817)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Openings as of 10/14/2020
Classified Instructional Support
- 20/21 SY - COMMUNITY SKILLS/PERSONAL ASSISTANT (CC#4817) JobID: 4820
- Position Type:
Classified Instructional Support/COMMUNITY SKILLS/PERSONAL ASST
- Date Posted:
BETTY FAIRFAX HIGH SCHOOL
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
Community Skills/Personal Assistant
Support Services - GRADE 4
STARTING HOURLY RATE: $14.49 - $15.15 (PLACEMENT DEPENDS ON SIMILAR EXPERIENCE HELD AND EDUCATION)
The Community Skills/Personal Assistant is responsible for assisting students with special needs in educational programs and in extracurricular functions. Performs job-related duties as assigned.
1. Monitors students during non-instructional activities including lunch, bus arrival/departure, free time, etc., as required.
2. Monitors students during off-campus activities.
3. Transports students to and from off-campus activities or school as necessary.
4. Assists students in eating as required.
5. Employs restraint tactics to control violent behavior or self-abuse; assists students during epileptic seizures.
6. Assists students in personal hygiene practice and understanding.
7. Provides instructional activity assistance to individual students and/or for small groups of students as requested by the teacher.
8. Assists teacher with preparation of room and instructional materials.
9. Types, copies and distributes instructional materials as requested by the teacher.
10. Assists teacher in designing activities for lesson plans and Individual Education Programs.
11. Attends staff meetings.
12. Maintains individual student folders and student records; assists with performance assessments and collection and maintenance of student performance data.
13. Ensures proper student usage of computer, audio-visual and other instructional equipment as needed in the program.
14. Administers medications, under doctor’s orders and with parental permission.
15. Attends classes with students and implements accommodations and modifications to lessons.
POSITION TITLE: COMMUNITY OUTREACH SPECIALIST
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Meet all state and federal education and testing requirements.
3. Ability to understand and relate to students with moderate/severe mental retardation or physical disabilities.
4. Effectively demonstrate both oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students and parents.
6. Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license.
7. Possess at the time of employment or obtain within first sixty days of employment, and maintain at current status throughout the entire period of employment, certificates in the following areas.
a. Red Cross or EMT first aid,
b. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and
c. Non-violent Behavior Management.
8. Ability to maintain the necessary records.
9. Ability to lift up to seventy pounds.
Principal or designee provides direct supervision. Director of Exceptional Student Service programs or designee provides indirect supervision. Director of Exceptional Student Service programs or designee makes specific assignments.