Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
20/21 FY COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT
at Phoenix Union High School District
Openings as of 10/14/2020
Classified Information Technology
- 20/21 FY COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT JobID: 4890
- Position Type:
Classified Information Technology/COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT
- Date Posted:
CEE- INFO TECH
- Closing Date:
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Computer Lab Assistant DIVISION: Curriculum
WORK YEAR: 9 months DEPARTMENT: IMC
LOCATION: Assigned Schools SALARY SCHEDULE: Support Services- $15.21--$15.91 depending on education/experience
The Computer Lab Assistant working in conjunction with the Campus Technology Specialist and the Campus Lab Technician is responsible for assisting in maintaining and managing school-wide computer labs, and schedules the use of labs, software and hardware with teachers and staff; installing and supporting computer hardware, software applications for the staff and students: circulation of audio visual equipment. Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Schedules classroom presentations and demonstrations on the use of existing software and assists students and staff with practical applications; conducts review training sessions and make-up lessons.
2. Works with teachers and staff to develop strategies for effective use of the IMC technology center.
3. Schedules the use of the IMC technology center labs with staff, monitors labs, and ensures that lab rules and regulations are observed by users.
4. Assist in the maintenance of campus computer network security.
5. Maintains a proper and efficient computing environment by performing routine hardware and software maintenance and data back-ups and restorations.
6. Works in conjunction with the Campus Lab Technician and the Campus Technology Specialist to provide hardware and software support, including software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting and basic equipment repair for IMC technology centers, campus-wide student labs, classroom workstations and instructional support computers and administration computers.
7. Recommends purchase of software and hardware for the IMC technology center labs.
8. Assists in maintaining software and hardware for IMC technology center.
9. Assists with circulation, troubleshooting, set ups and minor repairs of campus audio and video needs and requests.
POSITION TITLE: COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. One year of work experience in the maintenance and operation of LAN and WAN networks.
3. Working knowledge of a variety of secondary school computer applications.
4. Ability to operate a computer.
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with campus personnel, staff, students, and parents.
7. Effectively demonstrate both oral and written communications skills.
8. Comprehend the technical language of operating instructions and equipment manuals.
9. Experience in configuring and installing various software products and peripheral hardware related to LAN and WAN networks preferred.
10. Ability to troubleshoot and operate a variety of audio and visual equipment preferred.