Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Front Desk -PSR
Location: 203525 N 51st Ave Bldg 7 Ste 150 Glendale, AZ 85308
Responsible for all front desk duties. Act as liaison between patients in the reception area, therapy department, and business office.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to:
· Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the department
· Answers multi-line telephones (within 2 rings). Checks messages.
· Opens and sorts mail. Distributes to the appropriate person.
· Checks-in patient. Gathers and copies forms. Verifies all forms are completed and signatures are in place. Obtains RX from the patient. Makes a copy of RX for Billing. Verifies insurance, copies card. Tracks authorizations. Makes a new patient chart.
· Schedules patient appointments. Places reminder calls to new patients and follow-up patients. Documents no shows and cancellations. Print schedules for the next day.
· Processes incoming therapy orders.
· Maintains patient sign-in sheets. Pulls patient charts. Files charts when complete. Audits active charts. Processes discharge charts.
· Collects payments and give receipts. Prepares bank deposits.
· Checks to assure patients are up to date with payments. Sets up budget agreements. Gives patients appropriate resource information related to billing complaints or problems.
· Distributes and collects patient satisfaction surveys.
· Verifies therapists have all charts ready for the day. Prints the next day’s appointments. Makes copies for each therapist.
· Prints Fee Tickets. Sorts and batches fee tickets. Runs lost ticket report. Coordinates with Billing Dept. on data input, missing charges.
· Copies records for subpoenas, insurance carriers, and physicians. Obtain physician signatures.
· Develops lists and orders needed for office supplies. Maintains necessary quantities of supplies for the office to run smoothly.
· Demonstrates the ability to use information technology in completing assigned job tasks.
· Acknowledges patients immediately when they approach the desk. Makes frequent contact with waiting patients. Demonstrates willingness and ability to go the “extra mile” in meeting customer needs. Represents the clinic professionally.
· Assists in training and orientation of new staff.
· Demonstrates effective communication methods either written, verbal, non-verbal, or electronic. Has a positive influence on others.
· Listens to and acknowledges the concerns of patients and co-workers. Communicates effectively with patients and co-workers exchanging information and opinions constructively. Treats all patients with respect. Does not breach patient confidentiality.
· Exercises good judgment in communication with regard to timing, circumstances, place, and person.
· Makes effective decisions that reflect clear and logical thinking. Demonstrates flexibility in examining new approaches in response to changing organizational objectives. Identifies and works proactively to solve problems.
· Identifies and responds appropriately to both internal and external customer needs utilizing available resources. Keeps composure under stress. She is approachable and compassionate.
· Prioritizes work activities based on clinic demands to complete assignments within designated timeframes with little to no supervision.
· Is punctual for a shift. Fills out timecard correctly, obtaining authorization for overtime and schedule changes from the supervisor. Observes policies regarding break/meals, time off and calling in sick.
· Demonstrates behavior that protects the safety of self/others and of the physical plant and equipment. Demonstrates environmental awareness by maintaining work areas in a clean and unobstructed order. Follows policy when accidents occur.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
· Ability to work collaboratively and make appropriate decisions
· Ability to act with integrity regarding all matters
· Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in solving a problem
· Excellent telephone etiquette
· High School Diploma or higher
· 2 years Medical or Rehab office
· Prolonged sitting, standing, walking and/or continuously moving around
· Kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling or working in other unusual physical positions
· Dexterity and eye-hand coordination to perform activities, which involve holding, positioning, manipulating, typing (keyboarding or data entry), etc.
· Visual ability to monitor instruments and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers, etc.) recognize colors, observe physical characteristics, etc.
· Hearing ability to recognize sounds, sound patterns and/or other auditory stimuli
· Physical ability to react/respond quickly in emergencies
· Working knowledge of computer programs
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with staff, patients and families