Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Engineering | Mokara Hotel and Spa
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
La Mansion del Rio
The Omni La Mansion del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic Riverwalk among the banks of the Paseo del Rio in downtown San Antonio. It is within easy walking distance of the famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish governor’s Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks.
Omni La Mansion del Rio’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni La Mansion del Rio may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director of Engineering and to assist the Director of Engineering in the operational aspect of the Engineering Department.
- Assist the Director of Engineering in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks
- Assist the Director of Engineering in the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders. Maintain the checkbook balance and adjust monthly forecast with accounting
- Review work orders and assign work by priorities. Plan and coordinate daily, weekly and future projects
- Maintain up-to-date inventories of heat, light & power and repair and maintenance supplies
- Respond to guest requests, promptly follow up on guest issues daily
- Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities
- Ensure schedules and payroll are maintained daily
- Ensure CARE and PRP programs are properly maintained and inspect rooms after work is complete
- Manage Synergy application daily to plan and update as needed
- Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering. Be available to respond to any property emergencies as needed to ensure systems and property equipment are functioning as designed
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios
- Must have extensive HVAC and mechanical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- 3-5 years of hotel engineering experience preferred
- Experience managing a crew of 5 or more
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.