Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at New Alternatives
New Alternatives, Inc. will be directing a certified outpatient behavioral health program, providing a full range of Title 9 outpatient diagnostic and treatment services for children, adolescents, and young adults (up to age 18). The ideal person for this role will have a background working with clients in a residential setting or medical services setting.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
- Follow all Agency guidelines regarding privacy and confidentiality.
- Phone monitoring to ensure all calls are promptly answered.
- Greet all youth and families at clinic with welcoming and nurturing approach.
- Assess for any visible signs of medical distress and take appropriate action if necessary.
- Gather demographic and Medi-Cal information to verify eligibility.
- Immediately assign youth and family to a clinician
- Maintain organized tracking systems for outreach and collaboration purposes; provide reports to Program Director at established intervals or upon request.
- Clerical duties include, but are not limited to, organizing medical record chart for assigned clinician, filing medical records in secure office, filing documentation in medical records.
- Participate in trainings, exhibit competency and utilize the following evidence based & promising practices: Trauma Informed Care practices, Motivational Interviewing, WRAP, additional as deemed appropriate.
- Understand, embrace and be a TIC champion in ALL aspects of their role
Educational and Minimum Experience Requirements: High school diploma.
Licensure/Certification Requirements (if any): None Required.
Other Experience Requirements: Must demonstrate competency in the following:
- Strong communication
- Organizational and time management skills