Neighborhood House Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - (LEGAL & HR DEPARTMENT)
at Neighborhood House Association
Basic Job Assignment:
Under general direction, the Administrative Assistant will perform a wide variety of highly responsible, complex, and often sensitive and confidential office administrative and secretarial/office support for the Executive VP/General Counsel (60%) and the Associate VP, Human Resources (40%) by providing responsible, para-professional administrative assistance in data analysis, collection, and litigation support; and performs related duties as assigned.
• Office administrative and management practices and procedures;
• Principles and practices of sound business communication;
• Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation;
• Basic data processing principles and the use of word processing and computer equipment and software;
• Record keeping, filing and purchasing practices and procedures.
• Operate a computer terminal and/or computer using word processing, spreadsheet, database and other standard business software;
• Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position;
• Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of responsibility;
• Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies; Train others in work processes and procedures;
• Organize, research and maintain complex and extensive office files;
• Compose correspondence from brief instructions;
• Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing;
• Prepare clear, accurate and concise records and reports;
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information;
• Use tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and concerned people and customers;
• Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with officials, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from high school or GED equivalent. Two (2) years of office administrative or secretarial experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience; Experience handing highly confident information and documents; A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; Superior Customer Service skills required.
Example of Major Functions:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
• Develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve goals and objectives;
• Ensures a high-performance, customer service-oriented work environment which supports achieving the department’s and NHA’s mission, objectives and values;
• Participates in the development and implementation of department and/or agency policies and procedures;
• Provides administrative and office support to EVP/General Counsel and AVP-HR executives, typing and/or drafting memoranda, correspondence, board transmittals and other documents and reports;
• Ensures materials and reports for signature are accurate and complete;
• For EVP/General Counsel and AVP-HR, maintain appointment calendars, coordinate meetings, screening requests for the executives’ time and assisting executives with effective time management;
• Proofreads and checks typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with NHA standards, policies and procedures;
• For EVP/General Counsel and AVP-HR, receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, providing information and handling issues that may require sensitivity and use of sound independent judgment;
• Responds to complaints from officials, staff and the public, refers the complaint to appropriate staff and/or takes or recommends action to resolve the complaint;
• Reviews, determines the priority and routes incoming correspondence;
• Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the preparation of records and reports;
• Makes arithmetic or statistical calculations;
• For EVP/General Counsel and AVP-HR, organizes and maintains office files and other documents;
• Provides responsible para-professional and technical assistance in the analysis, implementation and monitoring of section and / or agency-wide programs;
• Assists in developing and compiling the annual department (Legal and Human Resources) budgets;
• Directs and participates in implementing the Legal department’s records management procedures in accordance with the requirements of NHA’s records management program;
• Coordinates and participates in purchasing equipment, materials and supplies;
• Serves on special committees and task forces;
• Schedules meetings, prepares agenda and minutes for special groups and coordinates the completion of staff assignments for presentation to such groups;
• Monitors and assists with HR service requests;
• Assists with new-employee orientations;
• Assists, schedules and manages the issuance of employee ID badges;
• Receives and verifies employee mileage reimbursement claim forms and tuition reimbursements;
• Assists the AVP of HR with HR projects;
• Personnel file management and filing;
• Manage invoices for the HR department for prompt payment to vendors;
• Monitoring of the agency substitute budget as needed;
• Conducts special studies and recommends organizational, procedural or other changes;
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please apply at https://www.vs4.vscyberhosting.com/nha/ or you may refer to www.neighborhoodhouse.org for additional information about NHA and the programs we offer.
1 - Only properly completed and submitted applications will be considered. Notifications will not be sent for applications that do not meet submission requirements.
2 - Applications of candidates who do not meet the stated position requirements will not be considered. Only those considered for interview will be contacted.
For Head Start positions, Application and Supplemental Questionnaire must be fully completed (per instructions), signed and dated when submitted. If you have CD/ECE units, submit copy of official transcripts with your application to receive consideration.