National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Medicine - Pulmonary Division
Work Hours: 800 am - 500 pm
Req # 13702
Coordinates a program that is key for the business operations of a department. Exercises discretion and independent judgment. Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures.
- Coordinates a program for a department. On-boards new participants in the program. Leads the work of others and trains.
- Handles the communications for the program including newsletters, program materials, correspondence, minutes, phone calls and emails. Develops PowerPoint presentations for the program. May develop and maintain the programs website.
- Coordinates scheduling of meetings and events, plans agendas and may be in charge of scheduling clinical activities or shifts.
- Prepares financial, tracking and other administrative reports by researching, gathering and compiling data. Develops graphs, spreadsheets and may make projections. Updates reports and distributes them periodically.
- May provide administrative assistant support to managers, directors, faculty or faculty leadership positions including the duties of Administrative Professional levels II through III. May coordinate grant budgets and submissions.
- Serves as a liaison to other internal programs and departments, as well as external hospitals and other entities.
- Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures, demonstrating independent judgment and discretion.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Valuing and Leveraging Diversity: Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization. Seeks understanding; conveys respect; uses diversity as an advantage; champions diversity.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly, takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Tries to understand changes; approaches change or newness positively; adjusts behavior.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e. budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed. Prioritizes, makes preparation, schedules, and leverages resources.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Work Experience: Four (4) years experience as an Administrative Assistant/Professional or general administration
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None