Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operations Initiatives Coordinator
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to a senior level manager, the Operations Initiatives Coordinator is responsible for managing the Work Order Queue at the division level and attending all IT Queue meetings. The coordinator facilitates the assignment of the queue priorities for the division's work orders and validates significance of work orders. Ensures all Work Orders are properly documented and tracked as well as delivered on time and within budget. Acting as a liaison for the designated OCSG division, the incumbent applies a specific knowledge of the business combined with knowledge of the systems technology capabilities to business problem solving. Manages straight forward, non-complex work requests to include: process improvements, service or efficiency initiatives, product or system modifications, merger related activities, and other requests as assigned.
- Tracks and monitors work order requests, performing regular status updates.
- Identify and report obstacles or variances that cannot be resolved that would impede the delivery of the project on time and within budget.
- Liaisons with various areas and resources outside the division/dept; i.e., ITG, for ensuring deadlines are met and conflicts are resolved.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, participate in meeting with users to define and evaluate business problems.
- Create and distribute reports; develop and implement statistical spreadsheets.
- Assists Project Manager(s) in ensuring projects are running smoothly and on time. Monitors project plans for task completion and diplomatically works with team members to keep projects on schedule.
- Delivers assigned initiatives on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Utilizes operational and business line knowledge for partnering with business unit managers to understand business needs and provide subject mater expertise on assigned duties.
- Articulates the line of business needs/requirements including identified solutions within the organization to obtain project buy-in. Identifies appropriate resources to assess risks, controls, and regulatory compliance issues and ensures a documented risk assessment review.
- Reviews business requirements and obtains appropriate approvals.
- Coordinates UAT testing and ensures problem resolution of any issues.
- Conducts and facilitates meetings to resolve business problems and oversee implementation of assigned changes made within the business.
- Prefer Bachelors Degree in business, or other equivalent experience.
- Minimum 1 year leading and implementing change initiatives preferably within a financial services environment, or equivalent work experience.
- Capable of handling business line initiatives with minimal support.
- Has demonstrated priority setting, problem solving, negotiating, and conflict management skills.
- Functional, technical, and operational organization skills required, including the ability to develop strong alliances at all levels within the organization.
- Sound oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Sound decision making skills that demonstrate originality, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Action oriented
- Ability to adapt to change and implement quickly based on overall direction and needs of the company.
- High quantity producer and ability to manager multiple priorities and commitments concurrently.
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing applicable PC applications to include Microsoft, Web, and bank related applications.
- Stay abreast with industry trends.
- The highest level of integrity, customer focus, and partnership is a minimum standard requirement.
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to work independently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.