Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant Float-Baseline
at Mountain Park Health Center
This position is responsible for providing customer service and preparing patients for medical examination and care throughout all of Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) facilities on a rotating basis. The floating Medical Assistant will be responsible for having familiarity with all practice areas that we provide service in.
**Must have reliable transportation in order to commute to various facilities, as required, and remain on the Approved Driver’s List**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains sterilization and/or CLIA-waived testing log (s)
- Keeps exam rooms/procedure rooms stocked/set up according to departmental guidelines.
- Maintains, cleans and calibrates medical equipment to meet quality assurance and infection control guidelines (logs). Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor; takes equipment out of service.
- Documents chief complaint takes and records vital signs. (housekeeping audit).
- Uses proper charting procedure, i.e., noting date, time signature and job title.
- Laboratory orders are recorded in logbooks; receipt of results is documented.
- Growth grids are plotted.
- Starts referral and lab process in the computer as instructed by provider.
- Takes off messages from their extension daily.
- Sends lab results via MedVoice or correspondence to patients on a daily basis.
- Records all injections and/or immunizations given, including lot #, and initials orders.
- Patients failing appointments are sent DNKA letters on a daily basis.
- Assist with companywide referrals (remotely).
- May be asked to assist other MPHC sites for MA coverage/support help.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduate of a Medical Assistant certificate/diploma.
Certified/Registered as Medical Assistant preferred.
Internal candidates must be with MPHC for a minimum of 12 months as Medical Assistant.
External candidates must have 18 months of Medical Assistant experience.
Bilingual (Spanish/English or Somali/English) preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Medical Assistant Certificate and current CPR Certification. Certified/Registered as Medical Assistant preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.