Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Integrated Health Services Assistant; Maryvale Pediatrics (11am-8pm)
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Integrated Health Services Assistant is responsible for providing customer service and preparing the Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) patient for Integrated Health Services Professionals or the Medical Providers’ interface, under direction of the provider/practitioner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- May prepare patients for examination by providing accurate, complete, legible documentation of current medical/behavioral vital signsand reason for visit.
- Assists medical provider and Integrated Health Provider with examinations as required.
- Responsible for screening patient population for indicators of poor dietary habits, anxiety, depression, domestic violence, substance abuse, trauma history, pain severity index, family history risk factors and other behavioral health symptomatology as directed.
- Identifies patients who are likely to benefit from Integrated Health Services in a systematic way, prior to patient visit.
- Interpret for Integrated Health Provider during individual consults and during health classes.
- Assists with Integrated Health Service special projects, managing eCW jelly beans, interpretation, and maintaining care continuum communication efforts with outside agencies.
- Informs Integrated Health Providers and Medical Providers of patients identified as likely to benefit from Integrated Health Services prior to patient visit.
- Complies with all applicable infection control and safety procedures.
- Accurately completes referrals to specialized mental health and substance abuse treatment provision.
- Logs monthly referrals and reports referral outcomes to Integrated Health Providers.
- Follow-up contact via phone with patients to assess integrated change plan compliance and patient functional outcome.
- Takes and answers all voice mail messages in a timely manner.
- Exhibits ability to address issues relating to childhood, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Interacts politely and as a team player with all MPHC employees, physicians, patients, and public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with MPHC policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must also have strong multi-tasking skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Either a Customer Service Representative with MPHC experience/training or Medical Assistant with MPHC experience/training (a minimum of one year and in good standing).
If no MPHC applicants to promote within, external applicant must either be a graduate of a Medical Assistant program and minimum of three years’ Customer Service experience preferably in the Healthcare field.
Applicant must be bilingual and able to interpret for Spanish-speaking patients. Interpreter certification Required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Medical Assistant Certificate (if applicable) and current CPR Certification.
Medical Interpreter certification Required.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.