Mountain Park Health Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Mountain Park Health Center
The Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the identification and scheduling of patients that have care needs and pending consults by performing the following duties for Mountain Park Health Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Scrubbing Schedules to identify patients that are on a list from Insurance Plans that have gaps of care.
- Updating reason section in eCW to include clinical elements missing.
- Cross checking information in eCW and insurance plan databases to eliminate clinical gaps that were actually completed.
- Calling patient to schedule appointments to address all open clinical gaps. Ensuring that provider is aware of what needs to be addressed during his appointment in ecw
- Complete insurance plan paperwork after scheduled appointment
- Submit insurance plan paperwork electronically with required attachments.
- Review of assigned ‘Consult Pending’ lists to identify if ready to be closed.
- Identifies needed consult notes and contacts appropriate provider to obtain and close consult.
- Contacts patients who did not schedule or were a no-show for consult appointment to identify those patients that are still planning to see consulting provider or if it can be closed.
- Close consults based on guidelines.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact wNonith internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relations in accordance with Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with the MPHC Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of MPHC.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regards to patients, visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to MPHC’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Graduate of a medical assistant program with 2-years of related work experience in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine preferred
CSR with at least one year experience
Referral Coordinator with at least one year experience.
The candidate for this position must be able to communicate effectively. Must be able to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in English and Spanish (preferred) before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.