Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Administrative
at Monarch Blackhawk Casino
- Employment Type
- Casino, Hospitality
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon, all of which is opening soon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
Under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Administrative Assistant will contribute to our success by handling a variety of administrative duties. This person will facilitate daily HR functions such as, keeping track of personnel records and supporting the interview process. This role also involves performing tasks with a focus to grow our company’s talent pipeline and improve our sourcing tactics.
This person will be the first point of contact for Team Members visiting the HR office, and must possess a friendly, helpful, and courteous demeanor at all times. The HR Administrative Assistant will be responsible for HRIS data entry and management. The incumbent in this position will ensure the organization is in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment related laws as well as any and all regulatory licensing. The HR Administrative Assistant also provides back-up support to the HR Coordinator and HR Recruiters performing Team Member onboarding and recruiting functions.
The HR Administrative Assistant, as with all members of the Monarch Casino Team, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The HR Administrative Assistant shares in the Monarch Casino support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Serves as the greeter and face for Human Resources and Security for all TM, Vendor and General Guest traffic.
- Performs general guest service functions by answering general questions to all visitors face to face, via phone, and via email
- Serves as the primary contact for Monarch Casino regarding Human Resources administrative functions and processing of Team Member information, data and licensing as applicable.
- Responds to all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Prepares and maintains Team Member files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentiality.
- Responsible for some data entry into the HRIS under the director of the HR manager and or HR Coordinator
- Provides recognition information and materials to departments for celebrating Team Members.
- Assists HR Coordinator and HR Recruiters to meet department goals and objectives;
- Assists in scheduling meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda.
- Monitors supplies and equipment, review inventory and place purchasing requisitions in order to maintain levels of inventory which best meets user and department budget requirements
- Assists with recruitment efforts for the recruiters by conducting pre-screening interviews for hourly Team Members, and for sharing interview notes
- Supports and assists the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts etc.
- Redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate person of the team.
- Completes, verifies, and maintains I9 documentation for all employees
- Assists in pre-employment drug screens, background checks, and e-verify checks
- Helps to schedule Team Members for new hire orientation, and assists with the on-boarding process
- Informs management of sensitive issues that may require immediate attention and resolution; notifies Human Resources Director promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Maintains a strict level of confidentiality in all matters of sensitive nature regarding team members or disciplinary actions, appraisals, salary information, and all team records.
- Assists wardrobe department as needed for coverage.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and Gaming Control Board regulations concerning employment.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Assists with ad-hoc Human Resources projects as assigned, such as collection of employee feedback, or distribution and tracking of policy sign-offs.
- Responsible for all personnel filing.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of and administrator role in a non HR position or at least 1 year in HR related position
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s degree and/or an equivalent combination of education is preferred but not required.
- Experience using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Must possess superior attention to detail
- Prior experience with HR databases and HRIS systems a plus
- Ability to work with Applicant Tracking Software soft ware
- Understanding of sourcing tools, like resume databases and online communities is a plus
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality and enter accurately
- Good organizational and time management skills
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to communicate information through spoken words and sentences that others will understand
- Ability to read and understand information and instructions presented in writing.
- High school diploma or higher
- College degree in related HR field is preferred
Scheduled: Monday to Friday from: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
With one hour lunch.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.