The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direction of a Psychiatrist and coordination with the clinical team, interview consumers, measure vital signs, draw blood for testing, and perform other basic clinical functions to help meet the medical needs of each consumer.. Record consumer information into medical chart, monitor and administer medications or give injections.
HOURLY RATE: $17.96/hr. - $21.55/hr based upon experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collect blood specimens and prepare them for lab work/testing.
- Interview consumers to obtain medical information.
- Measure vital signs: such as: pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height.
- Record consumers’ medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results into medical records.
- Communicate relevant medical information to medical and clinical staff as part of the treatment team.
- Coordinate medical care and intervention with staff and Psychiatrist.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.