The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - Recovery Center - Team 224
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide front desk, scheduling, administrative and medical record support to clinic teams at a site. Assist Front Office Managers, Program Managers, and Central Office benchmarks in all aspects of job as needed.
SALARY RANGE: $16.37/hr. - $19.66/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create a positive experience for consumers and guests through professional conduct and customer service at the front desk. Ensure front desk and lobby are aesthetically pleasing, safe, and friendly for all guests.
- Receive and screen clinic telephone communications ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate destination in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Outlook calendar, tasks, and meetings and fulfill email requests as appropriate.
- Accurately schedule consumer appointments with psychiatrists, nurses and other clinical staff. Input and extract data from the appointment scheduling system.
- Check-in consumers at each visit. Verify demographic and insurance information and collect co-pays. Understand insurance and accounts receivable information to maintain minimal consumer balances.
- Maintain each consumer’s HIPAA rights, and other protections of confidentiality and privacy.
- Read, understand, and excel in procedures for maintaining consistent standards of the paper and electronic medical record (EMR), which is outlined in the HISM manual and in the monthly eCET updates.
- Ensure prompt, accurate, and efficient handling of documents for filing and scanning: items such as consumer identification, medical record number, team number, and general status of treatment. Make sure consumer records are accurate and complete.
- Complete requests for information from both clinical and administrative staff.
- Follow organizational and departmental rules and guidelines.
- Organize, compose, and produce letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents, ensuring grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct. Compose some routine correspondence. Generate and submit necessary reports.
- Arrange transportation authorizations and the transportation for dependent clients.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Copy/scan/fax information as required.
- Complete requisitions for needed office supplies and equipment. Coordinate basic office maintenance and janitorial needs.
- In Front Office Managers absence, provide for coordination of clinic needs and program. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure smooth running of the clinic.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on individual site needs.