Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contact Station Assistant (Morristown)
at Maricopa County
- Position Overview
The Contact Station Assistant provides customer service and cashiering functions for park users so they can enjoy a healthy and exhilarating experience.
Lake Pleasant Regional Park
41835 N. Castle Hot Springs Rd
Morristown, AZ 85342
- Position Qualifications
Minimum education and/or experience:
High school diploma or GED and six (6) months of customer service/public contact experience. Completed 15 semester hours of post-secondary education may substitute for the experience requirement.
Specialized training, certifications, and/or other special requirements:
This position may require vehicle travel between offsite locations including other Maricopa County Parks or within the same park of distances greater than 1 mile on a regular basis. Must possess, or have the ability to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona driver's license. Must demonstrate proficiency within the Department's Point of Sale/Reservation System within three (3) months of hire. Prior to an offer being made, placement in this position is contingent upon applicant completing a thorough background check.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Cash handling procedures.
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Service orientation by actively looking for a means to assist internal and external customers.
- Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The use of standard office equipment and software.
- Maintaining records of materials, supplies, time and work performed.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey information effectively.
- Operate computer equipment and use software programs to complete required paperwork, reports, email correspondence, conduct research on the Internet and perform other administrative tasks.
- Learn office and department specific software.
Preferred education and/or experience:
One (1) or more years of customer service/public contact experience. Cash handling experience using a computerized point of sale system. Customer service experience in a high volume environment.
Preferred training, certifications and/or other special requirements:
Proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
This position may require working various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Essential Job Tasks
- Greets park visitors.
- Checks-in customer reservations.
- Collects park use fees; balances cash drawers, reconciles cash drawers to items sold.
- Interprets park features: areas, rules, and regulations.
- Takes reservations in person and over the phone; sells annual passes; checks campgrounds for compliance with rules and regulations.
- Monitors radio and phone traffic and reports emergency calls as necessary.
- Required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.