Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
21-583 Teachers Assistant
at Marana Unified School District
Openings as of 10/14/2020
- 21-583 Teachers Assistant JobID: 2925
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Teachers Assistant
- Date Posted:
Butterfield Elementary POSITION SUMMARY
- Prepares worksheets, tests, quizzes, report cards and correspondence.
- Grades papers and tests; files records and makes copies as required.
- Assists students in the Library as assigned, checks books in and out and provides resource materials as requested.
- Prepares art work; assists with bulletin board preparation.
- Monitors or assists with the supervision of students in the classroom, library, cafeteria or playground.
- Provides information and resources to teachers, parents and staff.
- Provides limited instruction or tutoring to students as assigned.
- Assists instructors in various classroom activities and programs.
- Operates various technical, audio-visual and office equipment,
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned (filing, copying, etc.)
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of general clerical functions.
- Knowledge of accepted behavior management techniques and practices.
- Demonstrate general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- 6 months experience working with school age children
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous clerical experience
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements
Under general supervision performs work in support of classroom instruction or library operations.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop and walk. The employee may be required to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
This position regularly works indoors (classroom) and outdoors (playground, etc.) in all kinds of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have extensive contact with students, teachers, staff and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$12.23/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
9 Month position - 35 hours/week
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!