Marana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
20-417 Secretary I
at Marana Unified School District
Job Reference #: 1640
Openings as of 6/17/2019
- 20-417 Secretary I JobID: 1640
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Dove Mountain CSTEM K-8
- Date Available:
7/22/19 POSITION SUMMARY
- Greets visitors, receives phone calls, distributes mail and messages to appropriate personnel.
- Schedules and coordinates appointments, meetings and in school conferences for Associate Principals, School Resource Officer and Safe School Officer
- Assist outside agencies and personnel (i.e. Child Protective Services, Probation Officers), acting as a liaison by scheduling hearings, appointments or other requests
- Manage communication and activities with transportation and maintenance departments on issues that directly impact the school
- Support the discipline process by inputting student referrals into computer system, create specific discipline reports and scheduling hearings or parent meetings
- Coordinate events such as student scheduling, New School Year Orientation, Standardized Testing, mainstream parent/teacher conferences
- Data entry into various computer systems
- Receive visitors, route or escort them to the appropriate location
- Receive and deliver incoming mail; coordinate and produce outgoing mail to both individuals and groups
- File correspondence, reports and other forms of information
- Make copies and send faxes as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate general proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to do basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to people or events that occur on campus.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
- Produce accurate work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service experience
Provides confidential secretarial support to school staff and administrators.
Disclaimer: The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position specific duties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stand and walk. The employee may be required to move ten pounds and could occasionally lift or move up to twenty-five pounds.
Indoor office environment. This position regularly works indoors and may be required to work outdoors on occasion. The noise level in the work environment is generally quiet to moderate and may become excessively noisy at times. Will have contact with students, employees and the public.
*****Internal candidates must submit a request for transfer form signed by your site administrator within 5 working days of the posting date. ******
$12.09/hour (ASRS Retirees will have a lower hourly rate due to the Alternate Contribution Rate)
10 Month position - 4 hours/day
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!