Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher Assistant Trainee
at MAAC Project
|Department:||Child Development Program|
|Location:||Multiple Location - San Diego North County, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Part Time No Benefits|
Hickory - Escondido, CA
Rincon - Valley Center, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Assists in the instruction of children ages 0-3.
- Assists in implementing weekly lesson plans that integrate activities that are developmentally appropriate for infant & toddlers that reflect Early Head Start, and other related child development programs, curriculum and philosophy, and comply with program Performance Standards.
- Aids in developing and maintaining a safe and pleasing environment for the children which facilitates their ability to grow physically, socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
- Assists in administering the screening of each child using appropriate assessment tools but not the translating/interpreting of those assessments.
- Assists in ensuring that daily hygiene needs are met by modeling such routines as tooth brushing, hand washing, use of the bathroom, and meal activities.
- Assists in ensuring the safety of the classroom as well as the outdoor playground; helps in the supervision of outdoor play environment and field trips.
- Assists with routine kitchen/dining room/food chores as assigned
- Assists in providing emotional support and encourages high self-esteem in the children.
- Participates in required training.
- Administers first aid when needed.
- Participates in center level case management meetings as needed.
- Observes the development of IEP’s for children with special needs.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly reports on attendance, excused absences, daily sign in/put sheets, in-kind and meal counts.
- May help with conducting home visits and parent/teacher conferences.
- Participates in cross-component tasks; works with community resources to identify child/family needs and refers to proper resources for assistance.
- Attends all workshop and meetings as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. equivalency or High School Proficiency Certificate required. Child Development or Early Childhood Education units from an accredited college/university or ROP Training in a Child Development Program preferred.
- Valid CPR, First Aid, and Food Handlers certifications must be obtained within first two months (2) of employment and maintained throughout employment (paid, designated training available through MAAC). In the event employees do not attend the scheduled training, they must obtain the cards through outside resources and costs will not be reimbursed. The certifications must be obtained and maintained within prescribed timelines.
- Computers and related software programs; must be computer literate
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safe learning environment for children and others; work effectively with children, parents, family, and community; demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills; demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of culturally and ethnically diverse groups
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) speaking, reading, and writing preferred
Union Membership ( if applicable):