Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Project Coordinator
at MAAC Project
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-CV-AD-AD-AD-006
|Location:||Administration - Chula Vista, CA|
|FT/PT Status:||Regular Full Time|
|Salary Range||DOQ $50,000-$60,000|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with the Director of Operations to provide the vision and leadership to assess potential areas of opportunity in which IT could facilitate delivery of MAAC service; demonstrates and/or explains how information technology can enhance mission accomplishment; provides strategic and tactical direction for MAACs information technology efforts; participates as a key member of the executive management team and creates an effective environment and understanding of information technology.
- Under direction, manages and administers information technology policies; actively communicates and enforces an appropriate set of standards and policies; as they relate to the IT functions.
- Under direction, facilitates strategic and operational planning for information technology; leads the development of an IT governance framework that defines the working relationship of IT components within the organization.
- Identifies, transfers and integrates new technologies into the IT infrastructure; coordinates technology evaluation and transfer including technology deployment and network and systems management; develops bench marking strategies and performance metrics; measures effectiveness and/or improvement of IT initiatives.
- Evaluates performance of vendors and other external providers of IT services; monitors services provider performance; manages out-sourced (vendor) contracts.
- Monitors expenditures of all IT efforts including departmental budget; assists the Chief Operations Officer and other executive staff in monitoring technology expenditures and inventory.
- Under direction, coordinates the facilitation of information security policies, procedures, and guidelines; provides security consultation, and guidance to all MAAC departments, identifies IT security issues and develops solutions that utilize existing hardware and vendor resources; oversees and reviews major IT security projects on a periodic basis; coordinates information security risk assessments and verifies system integrity; develops information security incident response and escalating procedures; investigates security and assess violation; develops and maintains an organization information security awareness and education program; advises executive staff on IT security trends, innovation, and compliance issues regarding security and disaster recovery administration.
- Makes recommendations for development and implements a comprehensive, risk-based information technology internal audits program; manages and conducts a broad range of information technology audits; evaluations MAAC’s information technology plans, strategies, policies, and procedures; assesses controls to ensure that transactions are compliant with industry best practices and procedures; plans and conducts and applications; writes reports and maintains documents on information technology and operational control.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- PC hardware, software, and operating systems characteristics and capabilities including LANs, WANs, telecommunications, desktops, data centers, IT security and IT applications, current and emerging Internet/Intranet technologies and associated products, tool and equipment.
- Standard principles, methods and techniques in web site architecture and design, including use of visual design tools an HTML editors.
- Standard web programming, graphics mark-up languages and server-side scripting languages.
- Web site usability concepts, such as navigational aids, knowledge management and information rendering.
- Principles and methods of project management for information systems and security development.
- Principles, methods, and techniques of systems security analysis and design.
- Generally accepted audit standards and auditing principles and practices.
- Policy/procedures development and implantation related to a variety of information technology service programs that promote state of the art technology in the work place.
- State and federal laws, regulations, guidelines and policies applicable to information technology activities.
- Principles and practices of computer platform and network operating systems.
- Information technology industry trends and standards.
- Principles and theory of contract administration/monitoring, and fiscal management and accounting.
- Telecommunication system design and installation.
- Principles and practices of effective contract negotiations and administration.
- Principles and practices of strategic and long-term planning.
- Methods and techniques for the installation, maintenance and repair of network hardware, software and network connectivity.
- Methods and techniques in troubleshooting and problem resolution for hardware and software problems and device errors and failures.
- Principles and practices of training, evaluation, and supervising technical and non-technical personnel.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication.
- Safe work practices and procedures.
Skills and Ability to:
- Plan, direct, organize and manage the informational technology functions across the organization.
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations and training programs.
- Identify Technology issues and develop and recommend solutions
- Interact with executive management on established security architecture, directions, and plans.
- Identify security breaches.
- Perform desktop and network analysis for end-users; identify and discuss installation and network access needs; determine appropriate access rights.
- Test and implement various desktop installation configuration to maximize up time and identify and resolve software conflicts.
- Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex and ambiguous hardware, software and connectivity issues of varying difficulty.
- Obtain accurate and complete information from users, in person and by telephone, in order to identify needs and develop responses and solutions.
- Install and configure PCs, laptops, printers, other peripheral equipment, presentation equipment and other technology tools.
- Negotiate and oversee contacts and monitor performance with vendors, sales associates, and corporations.
- Prepare, review, present and control large complex budgets and/or contracts.
- Prepare and present technical presentations to executives, management, staff and the Board of Directors.
- Analyze report data and translate for end-users.
- Organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgement within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Ensure that departmental activities conform to federal, state and local laws and regulation, MAAC and department policies, procedures and labor contract provisions.
- Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with MAAC and department policies, procedures and labor contract provisions.
- Exercise appropriate judgement in answering questions and releasing information; analyze and project consequences of decisions and/or recommendations.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, employees, employee representatives and the public representing diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years supervisory/management experience with responsibility and accountability for administering and managing information technology services.
- A+ and Network Certifications required, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required with experience with Microsoft 365.
- A combination of equivalent knowledge, experience and education maybe considered.
Union Membership ( if applicable):
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!