Laveen Elementary School District #59
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-20 Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA)
at Laveen Elementary School District #59
Associates degree in an SLPA program, Speech and Language Patholigy Associate License from the Arizona Department of Health Services. Certification in the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training.
Principal/Director of Student Services
Diagnoses and treats students eligible and in need of school-based speech, language therapy due to a speech/language impairment that impedes the student’s ability to access the general curriculum.
- Collaborates with staff to enhance speech and language development in the classroom setting.
- Completes all job duties within required timelines per federal and state law, district policy and procedures.
- Acts as assistant in support of a Speech Language Pathologist.
- Participates in Child Find activities as appropriate.
- Provides professional development for teachers and support staff.
- Provides accommodations in the classroom including visual aids or supports, or augmentative communication systems.
- Provide speech and language therapy for eligible students.
- Participates as an assistant in support of a Speech Language Pathologist in team meetings for the development of students, individulized education programs.
- Completes relevant paperwork within required timelines per federal and state law, district policy and procedures.
- Maintains records and bills Medicaid In Public Schools.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: recordkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and District software, preferred accounting used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, full time, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Exempt
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy.
Job Contact Information
Monday, February 4, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)