Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Volunteer - Administrative Support, PCSO
at Pinal County
This is a volunteer position with the Pinal County Sheriff's Office. Volunteers serve at the discretion of their respective Appointing Authority. The employment relationship of incumbents in this position is "at will" the employee may be terminated at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
- Example of Duties
Position performs clerical support of moderate difficulty. Volunteer provides clerical duties to assist department staff members in the daily function of their duties. The volunteer works under direct supervision, within the department and under the overall supervision of the department manager and the Volunteer Coordinator. No deviation from standard, established processes is acceptable without prior approval. The work performed must adhere to high levels of responsibility and detail.
- Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.; must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age, a United Stated citizen or legal resident.
- Volunteer must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrate experience with general office protocol, procedures and computer programs.
- Any combination of formal training, certification and life experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position will be acceptable.
- Must provide 2 forms of government ID's
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must possess proof of auto insurance
- Must complete oral interviews
- Must complete the PCSO Volunteer Basic Training
- Must successfully pass and complete background examination, as well as a Truth Verification Exam CVSA.
- Supplemental Information
NOTES TO APPLICANT:
- This is a voluntary unpaid position.
- Upon review and approval of your application, you will be contacted for an oral board interview.
- Commitment of one year of volunteer service to the PCSO
- Commitment of 4 volunteer hours per week, on average
- Commitment to attend an annual, minimum of 9-hours, on-going, in-service education
- Commitment to attend regularly scheduled departmental or volunteer meetings
- Volunteers may not enter restricted areas unless authorized to do so
- Volunteers must be under the direct supervision of the departmental supervisor or designee, at all times
- Weekly scheduled days working in the office
- Travel to and from Pinal County Sheriff's Office, Florence
- Physically able to sit comfortably for periods of time while doing data entry or clerical support