Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operator, Senior - Registry
at Pinal County
Pay: $36,157 to $40,677/year
$36157 - $40677
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2674548
Overall Job Objective
- Applicant Notices:
- This is an internal promotional opportunity for current employees of the Public Works Department ONLY. You must be a current employee in order to be considered for this position.
- This is a registry intended to collect applications for future job vacancies.
- This announcement may be closed as soon as a sufficient number of qualified applicants have applied.
Perform skilled and semi-skilled work in the operation of specialized trucks and motorized equipment used for a variety of job functions in the Public Works Department (PWD) and operate tools and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures under basic supervision.
- Example of Duties
- Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Operate a variety of specialized equipment to maintain Pinal County roads, roadways, drainage systems, and infrastructure in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Work independently to operate PWD vehicles and motorized equipment, including light trucks, water trucks, mowers, loaders, back hoe, grader, dozer, end dump, and belly dump, for its intended purpose.
- Repair roads, spread asphalt, seal cracks, and repair holes, maintain roads and infrastructure; haul materials, transport vehicles and equipment to job sites, grade, water, and roll unpaved roads, sweep and clean roads, and maintain bridges, drains, and culverts.
- Control ongoing work projects to assure that safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintain roads and infrastructure as directed, haul materials, and transport vehicles and equipment to job sites, grade, water, and roll unpaved roads, sweep and clean roads, and maintain bridges, drains, and culverts.
- Perform manual labor tasks, repair pot holes, clear debris from culverts and roadway, and move and set barricades.
- Work on assigned projects and make appropriate decisions based on work experience.
- Maintain required daily logs, reports, and maintenance records.
- Clean and perform routine maintenance work on trucks and equipment, identify and report mechanical problems requiring additional repair, and notify supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations and utilize proper safety precautions in all work performed and report safety hazards, equipment problems, and emergency situations.
- Perform tasks in the interest of public safety during emergencies, perform traffic control activities as needed, report safety hazards and traffic problems, and cross-train in PWD work methods and safety procedures.
- Clean up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner and according to procedures.
- Closely follow written and verbal instructions.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- CPR / First Aid Training
- Flagger Certified
- Minimum Requirements
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three (3) years of experience in construction, maintenance, and related equipment OR one (1) year of experience as a Pinal County Operator.
- Valid Class A Arizona State Commercial Driver's License with tanker endorsements.
- Must be accident free for six (6) months.
- Must meet PWD policy standards for equipment operations and safety record.
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) certification.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of materials, methods, tools, equipment, and supplies used in roadway maintenance.
- Knowledge of Federal and state safety rules and regulations, including Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), and AZ-DOT standards, protocols, specifications, and guidelines for public works construction and safety standards in hazardous traffic environments.
- Knowledge of county geography, traffic patterns, streets, landmarks, and PWD facility locations.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions, including proper use and storage of chemicals, and OSHA Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for hazardous chemicals used in the workplace.
- Knowledge of personal computers utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Skill in performing a full range of skilled and semi-skilled PWD maintenance work.
- Ability to promote and enforce safe work practices.
- Ability to operate and maintain tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work with others to complete daily tasks.
- Ability to communicate with residents concerning project completion and access to properties.
The work is very heavy work and requires exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work also requires the ability to balance, climb, crawl, crouch, finger, feel, grasp, handle, reach, kneel, lift, pull, push, perform repetitive motion, walk, operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment, hear, speak, stand, stoop, walk, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity. May be required to be on-call.
Work is performed outside in an environment with varying weather temperatures.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!