Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Detention Aide - Registry
at Pinal County
- NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
This is a registry intended to collect applications for current or future vacancies and may be closed at anytime.JOB SUMMARY
Perform a variety of administrative and security functions for the Pinal County Sheriff's Office - Adult Detention Center (PCSO-ADC), monitor audio and video security systems, process inmate and operational records, update database, and perform duties in compliance with ADC policies and procedures under basic supervision.
- Example of Duties
Work in this classification requires an individual to be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary classification functions herein described. Since every duty associated with this classification may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in this classification description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this description.
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provide security monitoring, clerical support, data entry, and basic administrative functions for ADC staff and perform duties within scope of authority and in compliance with ADC policies.
- Monitor safety and security of the staff, inmates, visitors and facility.
- Observe and assess the behavior of inmates and the movement of Detention Officers from a security control room, operate intercom and electronic door controls, and report security violations.
- Communicate with Detention Officers, receive and process inquiries and updates, provide information on inmate activities and movements, and warn Officers of security issues and potential threats.
- Update computerized and manual inmate and operational records and generate standard reports.
- Receive and send information to and from other agencies and jurisdictions.
- Process and register ADC visitors, assist with applications, government forms, and other documents, explain County policies and procedures, provide assistance within scope of authority, and monitor visitor activities to verify compliance to ADC policies and procedures.
- Assist with booking and in-processing of new inmates.
- Perform a variety of general administrative duties, including processing payroll and personnel action forms, review and update files, and distribute related paperwork.
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct the caller to the correct person or work group and take and relay messages.
- Assist with special projects, program assignments, and research studies, as assigned.
- Maintain the integrity, professionalism, values, and goals of the Sheriff's Office by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation.
- Valid Driver's license with an Arizona State Driver's License by date of hire.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Sheriff's Office policies and procedures, and detention Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Knowledge of basic principles of accounting, record keeping, and records management.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to interact with people of different social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
The work is medium and requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work also requires the ability to balance, climb, finger, pull, push, reach, perform repetitive motion, hear, speak, stand, walk, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.