Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Sheriff Cadet "Registry"
at Pinal County
This is a training position that is under close supervision. Incumbents performs tasks through formal and informal training programs to learn and perform responsibilities of an Arizona peace officer which include interacting with a diverse population, exercising problem solving skills, maintaining public order, preventing crime, enforcing laws and ordinances, conducting investigations, making arrests, issuing summonses/citations and warnings, and assisting the public. This is an Entry/Trainee position, which works under close supervision.
- Example of Duties
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: The duties listed below are examples of the work typically performed by employees in this class. An employee may not be assigned all duties listed and may be assigned duties which are not listed below.
- Attends and obtains Certification by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZPOST) academy to learn the principles, methods and techniques employed by the Deputy Sheriff class.
- Attends in and out door training sessions for preparation as a Deputy Sheriff.
- Learn federal, state, and local traffic and criminal laws.
- Learn proper work habits, appearance, and interpersonal skills.
- Learns to drive a motor vehicle under normal and emergency conditions safely.
- Learns to demonstrate command presence in conflict situations.
- Learns use of various firearms and first aide methods.
- Participate in a physical fitness program to develop the physical skills for the job.
- Learns to write clear, comprehensive and accurate reports, legibly and with correct grammar and spelling.
- Performs tasks employing patrol methods, community relations, courtroom procedures, finger-printing, report preparation, physical agility and strength formation, and other law enforcement related duties commensurate with attained skills.
- Performs other duties, including housekeeping duties as requested or assigned.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age, a United States Citizen, and demonstrate the ability to successfully complete written, psychological, polygraph, physical or stress test, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background examinations.
- One (1) year of satisfactory work experience.
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation.
- Within one (1) year of hire, must complete the peace officer's basic course and be certified by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Board.
- Supplemental Information
- Additional Information**Must be able to successfully complete written, psychological, polygraph, physical or stress test, pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background examinations.**
Must complete and pass a Deputy Sheriff Entry Examination with a score of 70% or higher.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications as applicable.
THIS IS CONSIDERED A SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of police methods, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to apply knowledge gained to specific situations
- Ability to acquire knowledge of County geography and related landmarks.
- Ability to work effectively with all segments of the public.
- Ability to use good judgment and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to evaluate situations and adopt quick, effective and reasonable courses of action.
- Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive reports.
This position may reasonably be expected to come into contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials in the performance of the work duties and is therefore subject to the vaccination and training provisions presented in the County Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure Control plan.