Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Animal Care Technician - Registry
at Pinal County
Pay: $27,920 to $31,410/year
$27920 - $31410
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2544993
Overall Job Objective
This is a registry intended to collect applications for current or future vacancies containing one or more positions.
Clean and maintain the animal shelter, provide basic care for the shelter animals for the Animal Control Department, assist with animal evaluations, monitor animals, and oversee inmate workers under basic supervision.
- Example of Duties
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Clean the animal shelter, wash floors, clean food dishes, disinfect kennels, and clean the bathroom and office.
- Provide care and health evaluations for the animals, feed animals, treat minor injuries, provide medicines, look for disease indicators, and impound stray pen animals, and secure all kennels and buildings at end of day.
- Perform repairs and upkeep of building and grounds, including fences, water lines, and landscaping.
- Clean laundry, dishes, litter pans, blankets and sheets.
- Maintain accuracy of animal inventory database.
- Assist the Animal Control Officers as requested and assist with overseeing inmate workers.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum Requirements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent AND six (6) months of animal handling OR custodial or commercial cleaning experience OR a certificate of completion as a Veterinary Assistant from an accredited Technical School.
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum requirements.
- Supplemental Information
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard animal care and control practices and methods.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices, customer service, and standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of regional animal care resources available to citizens.
- Skill in exercising patience, care, and compassion in dealing with animals.
The work is medium and requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The work also requires the ability to balance, climb, crawl, crouch, feel, finger, grasp, handle, reach, kneel, lift, push, pull, stand, stoop, walk, perform repetitive motion, operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment, hear, speak, and demonstrate mental and visual acuity.
Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
Must be able to:
- Work outside
- Work with cleaning agents
- Work around animals and have no allergies
- Work in a stressful and sometimes loud, humid environment
- Work weekdays/weekends/holidays
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!