Meals on Wheels of Central Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Back-up Caregiver / Admin Clerk (BCA) In-Home Care
at Meals on Wheels of Central Texas
Meals on Wheels Central Texas In-Home Care is hiring for a Back-up Caregiver/ Admin Clerk. The BCA is a hybrid position that provides non-medical assistance, which may include personal care and light housekeeping, and errands assistance to clients in need of assistance with ADL’s on a PRN basis.Tasks are performed at the designated location (i.e., home, work, school, etc.) on a designated schedule while the client is present.
Provide administrative support as needed when not providing services to clients.
Examples of work performed
- Personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, ambulation, exercise, oral hygiene, escort, shopping, assist w/medications and routine hair/skin care.
- Cooking and cleaning of areas used by the client.
- Tasks are performed at the designated location on a designated schedule.
- Complete all training as required for the personal attendant program.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Utilize the Employee Visit Verification as instructed and in accordance with authorized schedule.
- Contact the Agency for another assignment, if a client passes away, is hospitalized, transfers agencies, refuses services or the case closes.
- Report any changes in clients’ condition and any request for service not assigned to the PHC Supervisor.
- Report any and all suspected or reported Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation immediately to the PHC Supervisor and/or Administrator.
- Provide administrative support as needed when not providing services to clients.
Experience and Education
- High school/ GED preferred
- Minimum 6 months experience in non-medical home care.
- PCA certification (provided in-house)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service.
- Able to perform all authorized tasks.
- Ability to complete accurate paperwork as needed.
- Must be dependable
- Basic office/clerical skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
Please submit cover letter and resume