Casa de la Luz Hospice
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA/LNA Home Health Aide, Full Time
at Casa de la Luz Hospice
- Job ID
- CNA/LNA/Home Health Aide
- Regular Full-Time 40
- Shift (Days/Hours)
- Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Do you want a career where you have more time to truly care for your patients? If so, come join our growing team of dedicated professionals!
Casa de la Luz Hospice is seeking 3 Full Time LNA/CNA/Hospice Aides to help care for and enrich the lives of others!
Position offers Competitive Pay, Mileage Reimbursement, PTO, Holiday Pay, and Excellent Full Time Benefits!
Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
3 Positions Available: East Area of Tucson and NW Area of Tucson
About Casa de la Luz Hospice:
Lynette Jaramillo and Agnes C. Poore formed Casa de la Luz Hospice, LLC, in 1998 to provide sensitivity, care and support for patients and their loved ones in the final phase of life. They wanted to reach far beyond the usual and customary hospice service in Tucson. Over the past 20 years, they have built a team of individuals who are committed to guiding patients and their loved ones through the end of life journey with knowledge, compassion, and the highest ethical standards. Casa de la Luz's mission and core values are in the heart of each of its employees. In order to continuously fulfill our mission we seek to recruit caring and compassionate individuals.
By joining the Casa de la Luz family you will have the opportunity to make a great contribution to the hospice community, and you will find your employment at Casa de la Luz Hospice to be a rewarding experience. Lynette and Agnes continue to lead the company's mission with a hands-on approach to the company's daily operations. Casa de la Luz Hospice has established an outstanding reputation for compassionate and superior care. Credit for this reputation goes to each individual in the organization. Casa has also been voted as Tucson's Best Place to Work on more than one occasion due to our commitment to our employees. Today, Casa de la Luz Hospice is the largest and one of the most trusted and respected hospices in Southern Arizona. We seek unique talent and energies to contribute to our culture of superior care.
The CNA/LNA is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of an RN Case Manager or therapist and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort. The CNA/LNA is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
The CNA/LNA will be assigned to patients living in their homes and assisted living facilities. The CNA/LNA will be required to drive their personal vehicle to patient visits (mileage is reimbursable according to company policy). The CNA/LNA will be assigned in a manner which promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care.
Responsibilities of the CNA/LNA include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient's assignment and attending to their requests promptly.
- Meeting safety needs of patient and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, O2 etc.)
- Giving personal care including baths, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing patients as assigned.
- Assisting in feeding the patient as assigned.
- Taking and recording temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient's skin to prevent breakdown of tissue.
- Reporting on patient's condition and significant changes to the assigned supervisory nurse.
- Assisting in ambulation as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals.
- Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs, including keeping the patient’s living area clean and orderly.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency.
- Providing respite for patient's/family/caregiver when on-site, as appropriate.
- Adhering to the organization's documentation, care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Respectful of patient/family/caregiver environment and patient's personal needs.
- Adheres to Casa’s Mission, Core Values and Job Non-negotiables.
- Licensed nursing assistant (LNA) currently licensed through the Arizona State Board of Nursing (or willing to obtain this prior to start date through a simple online process).
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience required, home health or hospice preferred.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- As required by the State of Arizona, a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Must have visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing, with considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Must be able to: lift, position and/or transfer patients; lift supplies and equipment.