Jim Click Automotive Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Cashier - Jim Click Dodge
at Jim Click Automotive Group
POSITION SUMMARY: Receives payments from customers for services rendered and parts purchased. Uses computerized equipment and a 10-
key adding machine to process the customer's final paperwork on service and parts; communicates to customers the amount due on their service,
repair or purchases made; credits all claim information and ensures that it is posted accurately and communicated to management in a timely
manner; answers telephone inquiries of customers, vendors and co-workers; uses a voice page and silent pager to contact other personnel or
customers; uses a standardized filing system to manage paperwork for immediate reference and retrieval.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Utilizes computerized equipment and 10 key adding machine accurately and quickly processes the customer's final paper work and finalizes all
paperwork related to customer purchases.
2. Communicates to customer clearly, pleasantly and accurately the amount due on their service repair order or any purchase they are making.
3. Receives from customer the correct amount payment (cash, check and/or credit card) for charges due, processes accurately and makes
correct change as needed.
4. Insures any credits and/or all claim information is posted accurately and communicated to management in a timely manner.
5. Clearly and concisely answers telephone inquiries of customers, vendors and co-workers; voice page, silent page personnel or customers.
6. Keeps repair orders, charge slips, and other related paperwork continually organized in a standard filing system available for immediate
reference and retrieval.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Clearly communicates verbally in person and by telephone.
2. English reading and math skills sufficient to read all technical related documents, Material Safety Data Sheets, insurance, manufacture's
information, directions and verify accuracy of calculation on orders.
3. Arrives at work scheduled with consistent, regular and timely attendance.
4. Completes forms, documents and reports in a timely, legible and accurate manner.
5. Accurately compares, reads and records identification numbers up to "18" alpha and numeric series (i.e. Vehicle Identification Numbers, part
6. Works extended hours (potentially 1 0 hour days) AND spur of the moment overtime on a regular and irregular basis.
7. Repeated, regular and accurate input of information to the cash register and computer.
8. Regularly and accurately uses a 1 0-key adding machine by-touch.
9. Mentally recalls, tracks and accurately recounts work in progress and application of pertinent dealership's information.
10. Works cooperatively and courteously with a diverse population of customers, co-workers and vendors.
11. Works with more than one person and/or task simultaneously, maintaining a cordial and friendly manner at all times.
12. Remains in a small/confined work area for up to six consecutive hours.
13. Identifies mathematical errors and corrects them following appropriate accounting and computer process.
14. Experienced with UCS computer system.
15. Ability to maintain good employee relations by acting courteously amicably towards other coworkers.