Jeffco Public Schools Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Welcome to Jeffco Public Schools, the educational home of more than 84,000 of Colorado 's finest students. Step inside one of our 148 schools and you will see a staff dedicated to building a bright future for every student. Our staff is supported by a committed school board, involved parents and a caring community that combine to provide quality education that prepares all children for a successful future.
The school district is the largest in Colorado offering a variety of learning opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We have small schools nestled in mountain communities and large urban campuses. In addition, to our 129 neighborhood schools, we have nine option schools which have a special educational focus and 10 charter schools operated by community groups.
Why Join Jeffco?
Who We Are:
- 146 Schools situated at the 'Gateway to the Rockies.'
- Colorado's largest school district with 86,000 students and 11,000 employees.
- Among the 30 largest school districts in the United States.
- Committed to one mission: 'Providing a quality education that prepares all our students for a successful future.'
- Among the most experienced teachers in all of Colorado.
- Average 13 years of classroom experience.
- Recognized at state and national levels for excellence in education by earning such awards as the Sally Mae First Year Teacher Award and the Milken Family Foundation Award.
- Committed leaders who use researched-based approaches for the success of our schools, departments, and programs.
- Over 148 school sites with a wealth of programs from pre-kindergarten through high school as well as alternative and option schools.
- Administrator induction program and central office support.
- Competitive salaries and excellent benefits package including membership in the Public Employees Retirement Association.
- Competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages including membership in the Public Employees Retirement Association.
- Jobs to fill all schedules including days, evenings, full time, part time, and job shares are available.
- Jeffco's diverse careers include: accounting, paraprofessionals, transportation, food service, nurses, counselors and more.
- As diverse as our surroundings.
- Take honors consistently in such events as the Odyssey of the Mind, the Science Olympiad, and also athletic and music competitions.
- 74% of all our students continue on to college.
- Have a wide variety of courses to choose from.
What We Offer:
- Diverse educational programs in diverse settings such as our options and charter schools.
- Every Jeffco 6th grader has the opportunity to spend a week in one of two Outdoor Laboratory Schools to learn more about the environment and better appreciate the natural beauty Colorado has to offer.
- New employees receive strong support from mentors and our formal induction program.
Where We Are:
- Nestled between the foothills and Denver, Jeffco Schools offers urban, suburban, and rural communities.
- Our climate is perfect for outdoor activities year round with warm summer days for hiking, biking, camping, and fishing.
- Mild winters that offer champagne snow for world-class skiing and snowboarding, and over 300 days of sunshine a year.
- We are home to a variety of professional teams that include the Denver Broncos, the Colorado Rockies, theDenver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche.
- Cultural activities abound with our many theater, symphony, ballet and museum venues.
- 35% of our community hold a college degree or higher, and access to additional degrees is made easy through our many local universities and colleges.