Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas / DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley-Scottsdale
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Catering Administrative Assistant
at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas / DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley-Scottsdale
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Catering Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Catering staff including greeting visitors, answering the telephone, gathering data and compiling reports, maintaining files and preparing correspondence.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform a wide variety of administrative assignments which are sometimes confidential in nature.
- Operate a computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise and print letters, reports and other documents.
- Operate a photocopy, fax and other office equipment.
- Greet and direct visitors and answer, screen and route phone calls.
- Sort, screen, and distribute incoming mail.
- Resolve routine administrative problems and answer basic inquiries.
- Establish, maintain and update files, records and other documents.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, travel, interviews and appointments.
- Order supplies.
- On time and at work when scheduled.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to management so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager before leaving work area.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus two or more years of administrative or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the hospitality industry and knowledge of common industry terms and practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to type 50 or more words per minute along with Microsoft Office fluency - Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on management’s direction and Company policies and procedures. Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with strong organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.