Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Assistant ER Days WKND
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Who We Are
Hillcrest HealthCare System (HHS) is a comprehensive health system with over 6,000 employees who serve the communities of eastern Oklahoma. HHS includes nine hospitals throughout Eastern Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Heart Institute, and Utica Park Clinic.
Hillcrest Hospital South is a 180 bed acute care hospital with a history of providing state-of-the-art technology in a friendly, community setting that is easy to navigate. With more than 1000 employees and 700 physicians, we provide a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for all ages including emergency, intensive care, stroke, cardiology, maternity, orthopedics and surgery.
We welcome you to take the next step to join our highly skilled team of health care professionals who value Our Way of Changing Lives with Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Accountability.
What You’ll Do
The Patient Care Assistant / Cross Trained Assistant performs clerical duties as well as technician duties related to the Emergency Department under the direction of a registered nurse (RN), Clinical Coordinator or the unit Director. Acts as the unit’s receptionist, answering incoming calls, paging out outside physicians or services as requested by ER providers, answering patient call light and assisting with patient flow through department by room preparation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists nursing staff by receiving patients at the desk, taking the patient to appropriate room, obtains vital signs, obtaining EKG’s as requested, assisting RN’s with basic patient care as requested.
- Transports discharged/admitted patients and answers inquiries within the scope of practice.
- Order and monitor utilization of selected supplies: office, nutritional supplements and forms and assist with stocking supplies that are needed in the unit as well as assist in keeping the nursing stations clean and organized.
- Responsible for the registration of patients. Conducts patient interviews to obtain required information, complete requested forms and obtain signatures. Explain hospital’s financial policy.
- Distributes information to required hospital departments.
- Collaborates with the nurse to expedite unit schedules/procedures.
- Transmits all provider requests and outgoing calls in a timely manner and ensures they are processed.
- Collaborates with Housekeeping to assure rooms are turned over in a timely manner.
- Provides patient privacy, respect and dignity during patient/visitor encounters. Utilizes policy and procedure manuals, and other reference material to assure proper course of action.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge/Experience: Working knowledge of computers. Completion of a CNA or PCT program preferred. At least one year of patient/healthcare administrative experience preferred.
- License/Certification: BLS
What We Offer?
- Competitive pay?
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance?
- 401k with Company match?
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage?
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank?
- Tuition Reimbursement?
- Advancement and career development opportunities?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.