Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager
Job Reference #: 9447_1544217
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Austin Proper Hotel & Residences is looking for an Assistant General Manager of The Peacock. This 32-story modern high-rise includes 244 rooms and a limited collection of 99 branded luxury residences and penthouse for sale. Amenities include two rooftop pools, wellness center and spa and three food & beverage destinations driven by McGuire Moorman Hospitality.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for fostering and developing an exciting, positive, results based environment for the restaurant. Must possess strong personal organization, genuine hospitality, and care for staff. Understands and implements contemporary luxury/lifestyle standards.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive working culture for all team members
* Liaising with and support the goals of the culinary management team
* Maintain the quality and consistency of the guest experience
* Responsible for Food and Beverage financial performance including annual budgeting and operating plans, covers/revenue goals, and achieving budgeted expense targets
* Seeks new opportunities and devises strategies for the improvement of the F&B operations
* Oversees operations in compliance with legal and regulatory agency requirements
* Actively interact with guests and staff during operations
* Completing daily, weekly, and monthly management administrative duties including operations reports, financial documentation, guest correspondence, human resources / staff management paperwork, operations evaluations, standard operating procedures, safety and sanitations checklists, ordering and inventory documentation, and PR/marketing tasks
* Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
* Proactive attitude with strong organizational and time management skills
* The ability to motivate and inspire others to work cooperatively to achieve a designated goal.
* Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
* Strong problem solving skills
* ServSafe Preferred
Education: High school graduate or equivalent education preferred
Experience: Over 5 years of hospitality/restaurant management experience
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the "best of the best" from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category,
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!