Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Manager
Job Reference #: 9447_1539775
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Hospitality/Resort/Hotel, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front Office operation, in accordance with resort standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective team members.
REPORTS TO: Director of Front Office
SUPERVISES: Assistant Front Office Managers, Night Manager; Chief Concierge; Concierges, Front Desk Agents, Overnight Front Desk Agents, PBX Operators, Bell staff.
Front Office (Desk, Back Office, Concierge) Areas, Guest Rooms/Suites, and all Public Areas.
Job involves working:
* under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
* under variable noise levels.
* around fumes and/or odor hazards.
* around dust and/or mite hazards.
* around chemicals.
Internal: All Front Office and Valet Staff Members, Reservations, Housekeeping, Engineering, Finance, Food & Beverage, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Security, Spa and Executive Offices.
External: Resort guests/visitors, other vendors/suppliers.
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. Two (2) years prior experience in a Front Office Managerial capacity, preferably luxury resort.
3. Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
4. Compute basic arithmetic.
5. Familiarity with yield management and cost controls.
6. Ability to:
* perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* prioritize and organize.
* be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
* follow directions thoroughly.
* understand guest's service needs.
* work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
* work with minimal supervision.
* maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent resort data.
* ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
* direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
7. Input and access information in SMS (property management system/computers/ system.
1. Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish and/or Portuguese and/or Russian and/or French.
2. Certification in CPR.
3. Ability to suggestively sell.
4. Previous guest relations training.
1. Frequent standing and walking throughout shift.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
* Load and unload luggage from point of origin to destination.
* Lift, transfer and store heavy objects up to 60 pounds
* Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
* Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
3. Reach overhead and extension up to 30 inches complete tasks at different levels.
4. Remain in stationary position for up to 8 hours throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!