Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_1526543
The Assistant Controller is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the accounting staff for two properties, ensuring that a highly productive and well-trained staff is always maintained. This position ensures the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the accounting functions, while providing assistance to the Corporate Hospitality Controller.
* Comply with Hotel Standards of Service and assure the same from all accounting employees.
* Ensure daily critical operational procedures are accomplished to include credit card reconciliation and transmission, cash deposits, inventories, payroll, records retention, etc...
* Monitor the accurate production of the daily operating report
* Oversee, monitor, and work to improve accounting procedures and internal controls
* Provide accurate and complete reports on a timely basis and in accordance with the company reporting requirements
* Complete accounting functions as needed, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, income audit, and payroll
* Ensure the accurate collection of applicable local and state sales taxes
* Ensure the current Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry is followed
* Approve/deny credit for customer accounts
* Ensure monthly deadlines are met
* Monitor compliance with corporate policies and procedures, along with applicable laws, advising leadership of gaps.
* Prepare daily income journal, and make necessary entries in general ledger. Participant in Month End financial closing.
* Assist in safeguarding the assets of investors
* Manage databases including access levels
* Special projects and implementations
* Develop key relationships with respective department heads
* Assist department heads in the review of financial information and transactional support
* Prepare reports and transactional support/explanations
* Assist the Corporate Hospitality Controller with informational requests, reports, projects, etc...
* Assist with external audit data gathering and responses
* Participate in special events and promotions.
* Perform other duties as assigned such as participating in Manager on Duty program.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
* Strong knowledge of accounting principles and understanding of accounting areas
* Experience with hotel ONQ and Micros systems, Paylocity helpful
* Experience with Microsoft Office with an advanced use of Excel
* 2+ years of hotel accounting experience
* 1+ years in a supervisory role
* College degree
* Ability to work flexible hours as needed
* Strong interpersonal skills, problem solving, and planning
* Able to carry out tasks independently and accurately
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!