Friendship Village Tempe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Activity Assistant in Genesis
at Friendship Village Tempe
- Specific Schedule
- Sundays & Mondays 10:00am - 6:30pm including holidays. Available to pick up additional hours as needed.
- Regular Part-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $17.00/Hr.
- USD $18.50/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a part-time Activity Assistant for work in our Healthcare Center - "Genesis' unit.
- Under the direction of the HCC Activity Director, responsibilities will include: promoting and providing person-centered care to Health Care Center residents, coordinating and conducting activity groups, and following the monthly activity calendar.
- To assist with designing programs to increase socialization, provide entertainment and promote physical activity.
- Must have an understanding of the needs and concerns of the elderly, as well as patience, tact, and a cheerful attitude.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations
- Adult CPR certification required.
- First Aid certification required.
- AZ L.N.A./C.N.A. license is preferred, but not required.
- Must be proficient with computers including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to push wheelchairs, and geri-chairs, and transfer residents from a wheelchair to a sitting chair.
- Move tables and chairs, climb steps, and ladders, stoop, bend, reach and squat.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of material handling, and up to 35 pounds of Resident handling.
- Walk, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Lift heavy trays of food and safely transport hot foods.
- Safely utilize kitchen appliances such as a steam table or a warmer.
- Function efficiently despite any distractions or interruptions.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to cleaning and offensive odors.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV or HBV.
- Must be able to tolerate heat, cold, and rain.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off