La Frontera EMPACT
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Partner - San Tan
at La Frontera EMPACT
EMPACT- Suicide Prevention Center, a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
This position is full time and must have the flexibility to work an occasional weekend day or evening to meet a client's needs.
The Family Support Partner models the skills necessary to maneuver within the behavioral health system and other community programs, thus serving as a system guide and advocate for the parent. Provide direct support to families as an active member of the Child and Family Team. Encourage family members to move toward self-advocacy in the attainment of their own, culturally specific life goals for themselves and their children and helps them develop the skills to do so. Work with the family to gather information regarding their strengths and needs, as well as provides information, which enables the family to make decisions in the child and family planning process and beyond. Provide information and connections to community resources, and helps the family navigate through the processes of the education, behavioral health, juvenile justice, and social services systems.
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Experience as a parent, foster parent, adoptive parent or a caretaker of a CHILD with Behavioral Health needs and experience with the children's services systems. The child MUST HAVE LIVED WITH YOU.
- Must have received behavioral health care services at some point current or past.
- Be very organized and can manage their time effectively in this busy position
- Be computer literate, good customer service skills, basic typing,
- Able to work professionally and effectively with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a valid ARIZONA driver's license w/no major infractions for past 39 months
- Must be eligible to obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card or have one already
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier is required.