Donor Network of Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Organ Recovery Coordinator I
at Donor Network of Arizona
Organ Recovery Coordinator:
As an Organ Recovery Coordinator (ORC) you will be responsible for directing, overseeing, implementing, and maximizing the organ donation and procurement process in collaboration with the advisor on call (AOC), donation and family advocate (DFA), hospital staff, physicians, and medical director as needed.
The ORC is responsible for responding to heart beating ventilated referrals and assessing organ donor suitability. For potential organ donors, the ORC is responsible for overseeing family approach regarding donation and obtaining informed consent, in collaboration with DFA staff if available, as well as performing the medical and social history interview. Also, informing the donor family of donor designation and providing support to the family to proceed with the donor’s wishes. This includes collaborating with hospital staff to determine appropriate timing for family counseling and approach.
The ORC is responsible for donor management, meeting donor management goals, allocation of organs, medical-legal activities surrounding death-neurological or cardiovascular, medical examiner consent, compliance with hospital policies, local, state, and federal requirements, as well as overseeing organ recovery and preservation. Maintaining donor records, assisting hospital development with post-donor hospital communication, providing donor family support, and communication in conjunction with donor family advocate services.
The ORC is responsible for facilitating organ offers to transplant centers. In addition, is responsible for hospital development and professional education.
- Responds within the established time frame to potential donor referrals.
- Carries a functioning mobile phone while on call.
- Is prepared on a daily basis, with all of the necessary supplies, to perform and complete organ donor cases when on call.
- Confines travel while "on call" to the metropolitan donor service area. Notifies the AOC in the event the ORC must leave this service area.
- Communicates any issues or concerns with appropriate staff, as well as AOC.
- Participates in daily conference calls to report on all patients seen, follow up need, and outcome of the referrals.
- Owns or has unlimited access to a motor vehicle while on call.
· Excellent Human relations
· Oral/written communication skills
· Flexibility with schedule: unpredictable (on call)
· Ability to handle high pressure situations
· Strong work ethic with high adaptability skills
· Stand or walk for a long period of time
· Clerical/Administrative Skills required: Telephones, memos, medical records, research, scheduling.
· Moderate physical effort (move/lift/carry up to 25 pounds)
· Critical care skills
· Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree , RN, EMT-P, RRT or other health care certification with 2 years prior organ recovery experience, or completion of an approved educational program in donation sciences.
· Minimum Experience: 1-2 of critical care or 2 years of organ recovery, or completion of an approved educational program in donation
· Minimum Field of Expertise: Critical care/Organ Recovery