Our Lady of the Valley Parish
Job Title: Accounting Clerk Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Business Office / Our Lady of the Valley Parish in Green Valley, AZ
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Pastor, Business Manager, or other assigned manager, is responsible for assisting the Business Manager with a variety of bookkeeping, accounting, and administrative support duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sall recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the Parish by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The employee may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church;
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the employee’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral strictures;
- Shall give evidence of living Gospel values by being an active member of a faith community and being open to the importance of a personal faith journey; shall strive to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example in the employee’s professional and private life;
- Assist with recording of weekly collections and other cash receipts
- Assist in the preparation of payroll, state and federal payroll filings; update payroll system accordingly
- Assist with preparation of financial reports, profit & loss statements; 403 (b) reports; maintain accounting records
- Assist with the reconciliation of the various parish accounts as assigned.
- Prepare industrial insurance information; prepare and maintain employment records; assist with enrollment of employees in benefit programs
- Assist with maintenance of parish and other insurance records
- Maintain donor records; assist with operating and capital budget preparation
- Process payments to vendors and others, maintain vendor files
- Ensure existence of verifiable audit trail for all financial transactions
- Provide clerical and administrative support as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.
Required Activities: Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking: hearing; carrying: and keyboarding.
- Must have a working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of the Diocese and Catholic Church; must be in full communion with the Catholic Church
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written; excellent human relations and interpersonal skills
- Exercise courtesy to fellow employees, parishioners and the public
- Must be a self-starter; well organized; perform multiple tasks simultaneously and work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment; punctuality is a must at all times; ability to travel locally as required; weekend and overtime work may be required
- Proficiency in computer technology to include word-processing, spreadsheets and 10 key calculators
- Professional bearing; clean and neat personal appearance
- Ability to successfully pass a background, criminal history, and credit history check
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ financial experience as an accounting or financial clerk in a medium to large-sized firm
- Experience in the use of Quick Books Pro
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred