Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Full Time Clerk LTC - 1403425BR
at CVS Health
Health is everything. At CVS Health, we are committed to increasing patient access to care, lowering costs and improving the quality of care. Millions of times a day, we’re helping people on their path to better health- from advising patients on their prescriptions to helping them manage their chronic and specialty conditions. Because we’re present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring Clerks and Pharmacy Technicians who demonstrate our core values of Accountability, Caring, Collaboration,Innovation and Integrity in everything they do in our pharmacies every day. Whether you are new to working in pharmacies or are an experienced Pharmacy Technician, we have a place for you on our team to use your skills and talents to serve and care for our patients and customers.
The clerk and pharmacy technician positions provides individuals with an opportunity to work in a leading retail pharmacy company and in a role that positively impacts the lives and health of others. You will work in an environment where the highest professional and ethical standards are maintained as well as full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. Pharmacy Technicians take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Success for incumbents in this role includes being able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team’s ability to promptly, safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions all while providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. If you like working in fast-paced environments and demonstrating compassionate, genuine care for patients and customers, this job is for you!
Are you ready to help people on their path to better health? We are ready to have you join our team and help you on your career path to achieve your goals!
Must be at least 16 years of age
* Licensure requirements vary by state
* Attention and Focus
o The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
* Customer Service Orientation
o Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner
o Notice and understand customers’ reactions, and respond appropriately
* Communication Skills
o Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
o Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
* Mathematical Reasoning
o The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
* Problem Resolution
o Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
o Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
* Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another
* Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand or arm
* Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
* Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
* Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
* Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately
* Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
* Visual Acuity:
o The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
* Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; exerting up to 30 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
* Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
* High School diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.